Terms and Conditions for 2020
It is vital these are read and agreed to by all walkers before you sign up
Please note these are different this year due to Covid 19 requirements
- All entries must be made on-line using the registration form on the Moonraker Website or the emailed registration form sent to you via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entry Fees. An entry fee of £20 per person or £5 for persons 16 years or under. The payment of the correct Entry Fees for each team should be made direct to account details below using your Team Name as reference. An acknowledgement will be e-mailed automatically to the contact name. Entries will not be confirmed until payment is received.
- The Moonraker Challenge is organised by the Rotary Club of Taunton Vale whose members give of their time free. However there remain the external costs of running the event. The Entry Fee covers: Ambulance and First Aid team stationed at Central Control throughout the event, Radio cover provided by Raynet over the entire area and a Search and Rescue team on the course until every walker has finished or been accounted for during the course of the event. The entry fee also covers hot refreshments halfway and at the finish and the cost of the prize giving evening with hot meal.
- 2020 being an unusual year, the date of that evening will be dependant on Government guidelines and will be announced later in the year.
All fees must be paid online to:
Rotary Club of Taunton Vale Trust Fund
HSBC – sort code 40-44-04 Account Number 71202812
It is important you use your Team Name as the reference please.
This must be done before you register to join the walk using the registration form on the MoonrakerChallenge.org website or the emailed registration form sent to you from Moonrakerchallenge@gmail.com. There will be a place to sign to say this has been carried out and the date you paid.
- Sponsorship – The event is run for the sole purpose of raising funds for the stated charities. All teams should be sponsored and have the intention of raising a minimum of £25 for each walker or £15 in the case of walkers under the age of 16. Every penny of your sponsorship will go to the charities we are supporting this year and those we support regularly. TVRC DO NOT retain any funds. Instructions regarding the submission of sponsorship forms and monies will be given in the Final Instructions.
Please note that unlike previous years there will be NO facilities to pay either entry fees or Sponsorship money on the night, these must be paid prior to the event to the above bank details.
- Preferred starting times are shown on the Registration Form but the final allocation of a time will be confirmed to each team upon the receipt of the Entry Form and Fees. Please note that it is vital that these times are adhered to in order to maintain social distancing requirements. If you and members of your team arrive early please wait in your car until your allocated time when you will be asked to proceed to a muster point. More information will be given when you receive your Final Instructions.
- Teams must have a minimum of four members and (this year) a maximum of six.
Please note change in team numbers. This is to ensure we are Covid complaint.
- Team leaders must be at least 17 years of age. It is the responsibility of team leaders to ensure that team members under the age of 16 have the signed consent of a parent or guardian or be accompanied by a recognised youth leader. Entrants under the age of 12 years in a family or young persons group may be accepted if accompanied by a parent, guardian or recognised youth leader – please advise us.
- All walkers must be suitably clothed and equipped in accordance with the Kit Checklist. Please check the list you are sent for the event this year as there are changes and additions included to comply with COVID 19 instructions. Failure to have all the relevant kit and equipment on the 2020 list may result in your team not being able to participate.
- All walkers must wear high visibility reflective clothing.
- All walkers must wear suitable footwear for walking across uneven and possibly very wet ground.
- All team members will have clothing and equipment checked before starting the event
- The section of the Kit Checklist ‘Take care of the countryside and of yourselves’ must be fully complied with.
- PLEASE NOTE DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED, SORRY.
- All Fees and Entries must be received by 6pm on 7th October 2020
- ALL ENTRANTS TAKE PART AT THEIR OWN RISK